BIG ANTIQUE WOOL RUG 10x15 HAND-KNOTTED VINTAGE handmade oriental brown 10x14
9'6" x 14'11" clean hand knotted authentic antique rug (mid to late 1800s estimate). The rug has been professionally cleaned without stains, tears, holes, animal or smoke. Very finely knotted with high knot count. Evenly worn authentic antique old world distressed charm. This piece is made of fine lamb kurk sheep wool and natural vegetable dyes by skilled crafts people.
Very unusual color palette hard to find and unique: in my opinion earth tone brown / camel background, light and dark blue, teal among many. Indigo grape lilac hyacinth centaurea cyanus larkspur and weld among natural sources of dye.
Natural dyes oxidize over the century, a beautiful affect giving light and dark shades of each color called'abrash' by curators. Double tied knots on two foundation layers of about 150 knots each, for effective 300 kpsi over all. Very fair price and great value.
See all 12 images and closeups. This item is in the category "Antiques\Rugs & Carpets". The seller is "wtiemwor" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Size: 9'6\
- Shape: Rectangle
- Handmade: Yes
- Production Technique: Knotted
- Department: Baby, Boys, Girls, Kids, Teenagers, Adults
- Style: Antique
- Item Width: 9'6\
- Regional Design: Traditional-Persian/Oriental
- Weave: Hand-Knotted
- Material: 100% Wool, Wool
- Pattern: Oriental
- Type: Rug
- Features: Allergy Friendly, Anti-Slip, Antistatic, Dryable, Easy to Clean, Eco Friendly, Fire Resistant, For Chairs with Wheels (Living and Commercial Area)
- Color: Brown
- Culture: Caucasian
- Item Length: 14'11\
- Room: Any Room
- Brand: Hand knotted vintage authentic oriental brown
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Time Period Manufactured: 1850-1899
- Status: clean, authentic, vintage worn
- stock number: 4437
- Era: Victorian (1837-1900)