ANTIQUE WOOL SILK RUG 8x11 HAND-KNOTTED handmade vintage neutral ivory oriental
8' x 11'3 hand knotted genuine rug made of wool and silk late 1800s to early 1900s estimate. For the age good condition (top 1% for the existing examples left in the world). No stains, animal, smoke, holes, or tears.
Two foundation layers, about 200 knots per inch per layer double tied knots, up to 400 total per inch effective resolution... Real white silk used as small accent highlights in the design.
Colors are overall'antiqued' ivory - golden cream or beige, depending on your own lighting and angles of view in person. Accents of teal green light and dark blue indigo navy various earth tones.
There is some small antique wear or low pile over the century. See all 12 images and closeups.
This item is in the category "Antiques\Rugs & Carpets". The seller is "wtiemwor" and is located in this country: US.
This item can be shipped to United States.
- Size: 8' x 11'3\
- Shape: Rectangle
- Handmade: Yes
- Production Technique: Knotted
- Department: Baby, Boys, Girls, Kids, Teenagers, Adults
- Style: Traditional
- Item Width: 8 ft
- Regional Design: Persian
- Weave: Hand-Knotted
- Material: 100% Wool
- Pattern: Oriental
- Type: Rug
- Features: Allergy Friendly, Anti-Slip, Antistatic, Dryable, Easy to Clean, Eco Friendly, Fire Resistant, For Chairs with Wheels (Living and Commercial Area)
- Color: Beige
- Culture: Caucasian
- Item Length: 11'3\
- Room: Any Room
- Brand: muted neutral ivory cream fine kpsi silk big rugs
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Time Period Manufactured: 1900-1919
- Age: 1900-1939
- Status: authentic, clean
- Additional Materials: Wool with Silk highlights
- Era: Edwardian (1901-1910)
- stock number: 3951